Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET - formerly PTLLS)
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) formerly known as PTLLS, has been designed to introduce teaching for individuals who aspire or currently work in adult education. This includes FE colleges, training providers, workplace training departments and/or Local Authorities. It is a nationally recognised qualification and is also often the preference for employers to source as an accredited train the trainer qualification.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) has been designed to introduce teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching.
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession – although the qualification does not require practice, opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice; and
- Individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a qualification that introduces teaching.
This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of evidence which must cover all assessment criteria of the units selected. Assessment methods include:
3 x written assignments.
A micro-teach session
- Gain employment in a college, training provider or as a workplace trainer.
- Learners must be aged 19+ years to be enrolled onto this course. You do not need to be in a current teaching or training role to complete this qualification.
- Please note: course materials are provided in English and the practical assessment must be completed in English.
- Learning Styles and Learning Models
- The Teaching / Training Cycle
- Roles, Responsibilities and Legislation
- Safeguarding and Prevent
- Equality and Diversity in Learning
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Individual and Group Learning Needs (ILN/GLN)
- Learning Aims and Objectives
- Maximising Learning
- Session Planning
- PowerPoint Design Tips
- Ground Rules, Icebreakers, and energisers
- The Learning Environment
- Presentation Skills
- Delivering remote training
- Micro-teach session (practical)
- Principles of Assessment
- Constructive Feedback and CPD
Contact: ATC Training Limited
Email: Send e-mail
Phone: (020) 3151 9935