Interactive Phonics is a fun and engaging programme of study for young readers. Each 'live' class is led by a qualified teacher. The course involves learning a new sound each week, segmenting and blending, letter formation, learning tricky words and spellings, and reading and writing short sentences that include the sound taught during the session.
Each phonics phase is taught as a separate course. Children are given a free assessment to ensure that they are placed on the correct course.
We also offer reading comprehension groups for older children. In these classes we teach children a range of strategies to help them answer questions about a text.
Each session costs £10 for half an hour with a group of no more than four or five children.
- This course is suitable for children aged 3- 11 years old. Children are given a free assessment to ensure that they are placed on the correct course.
- Generally, children in nursery and reception enter the course at phonics phase 2 and children in Year 1 join the phase 3 classes.
- Older children and those who are confident with their phonics join the reading comprehension groups.
- Each session costs £10 for half an hour.
- This is an ONLINE group course with no more than four or five children in each class.